cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update ZD1200

jeremy_wrigley
New Contributor II

Hello I'm wanting to update my zd1200. My current version is 10.1.1.0 build 42. Can I update right to the newest update or do i need to do it in steps?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi Jeremy,

Please confirm below details.

• What AP models you have in this setup?
  • What is the reason for the upgrade?
  • Any specific feature on the latest version, for which you are upgrading?
  • Any issues you are facing on current version?

10.5 is the latest version (released on 27th May 2021).

Download link ZD1200_10.5

ZD 10.5 release notes 

Recommended version is 10.2.1.

Now come to your question.

Can I update right to the newest update or do i need to do it in steps?

The answer is, That depends upon the current version. Release notes of a specific version will tell you exactly from which lowest version you can jump directly to it.

For example, if you wish to upgrade to 10.2.1 version and your current version is on at least 10.0.0 or higher version, then you can jump directly to 10.2.1.

This is nicely documented in each version's release notes under "Supported Upgrade Paths". In case of 10.2.1 release notes, it is in page number 5.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

I'm using a mix of r610, r720 and 2 r710 models. I am having no issues with the wireless at this time. I was only looking to do an update as it has not been done since it was installed.

Hi Jeremy,

If that is the case, you can upgrade to 10.2.1.0.200. It has FragAttachs fix as well.

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software_terms_and_conditions/2995-zd1200-10-2-1-0-200-mr1-refres... 

All the APs mentioned by you are supported and you can directly upgrade to this version from 10.x.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

Thanks for the quick reply.