cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R500 not compatible with ac-7260

trevor_wright_6
New Contributor II
Just installed zd1100 and r500s, worked ok when eventually got hold of relevant firmware. (new customer) Having problems connecting tosh with intel ac7260. Seems problem is to do with channelfly and .h messages. Works if select one channel as this disable channelfly. (tried on standalone unit). Been asked to manually set channel in ZD as test but need to check interference. Other option to set run stop time. Running build 101 and have downloaded build 108 but not sure if it includes any fix. First ruckus install so not overly happy.
Trevor
81 REPLIES 81

david_henderson
Contributor II
So in one part of your building you have R500 APs and they work fine with the Chromebooks and in another part of the building you have R500 APs that do not work with the Chromebooks?

gwehe_schilver
New Contributor III
That is correct.  Except they are not R500's.... and it is not just chromebooks.  I stumbled across this thread looking for AC-7260 issues....  Josh's issues were mimicking mine exactly.  After much trial and error is seems that the AP's zf7363, zf7055 sort of just stopped accepting traffic and refuse to connect.  we have done everything short of doing a factory refresh on the AP's themselves (unless a firmware upgrade does that, in which case we have).  Possibly I should open a new thread, but I am very much annoyed at this point and I may not be politically correct in my next postings so I need to be careful.

david_henderson
Contributor II
This nic was very problematic in PC laptops for many many months until Intel finally released a set of drivers that solved many wifi issues. Of course with Chromebook we are at the mercy of Google to incorporate drivers in a release of Chrome. If you have PC laptops with this nic and the drivers are up to date and you still cannot even connect to your Ruckus APs then it does seem like a Ruckus issue.

gwehe_schilver
New Contributor III
Dave, I am not sure you understand.  It IS a ruckus issue. I can take ANY chromebook/laptop/ipad down the hall and connect the SAME model Ruckus AP in an instant using the same drivers and Chrome OS.  I CANNOT connect to two of the 23 AP's we have... even with Apple MacBooks, iPads, HP Folio Laptops and even my cellphone.

david_henderson
Contributor II
Yes it is a Ruckus issue. So you can connect a laptop/Chromebook/tablet to one Ruckus AP but when you take the same device down the hallway and attempt to connect to the exact same model of Ruckus AP, it will not connect? If that is the case then it is a Ruckus issue. Have they given you any idea what could be causing this?