cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non network guys needs help with Zd1200 and R600/700/T300

kevin_o_reilly_
New Contributor
I moved into a house with a ZD1200 and four APS (R600/700 & T300). We had some WiFi troubles so I ended up updating firmware on the ZoneDirector to 10.4.1.0 build 226. Since then no WiFi. I can access ZD and it shows only two APs, both of which are stuck at "Disconnected" or "Updating Firmware". Updates appear to be failing so they are stuck in a loop. Needless to say I have no Wifi. Does anyone have any insights into what I might do differently?
6 REPLIES 6

david_black_594
Contributor III
You upgraded to a version of firmware that does not support any of your AP models.  Hopefully you have a backup of the config.  You need to downgrade to the version of code that was running when the backup was created.  When you do that, the controller will force a factory reset.  When complete, you can run the startup wizard (no need to cofig anything other than the admin credentials and a static address).  Next, restore the backup (restore all).  If you still want  to upgrade, the newest version that supports your APs is 10.2.1.0.183, and it is a good build.     

david_black_594
Contributor III
I stumbled across a post from Syamantak Omer that might be helpful.  Apparently ZD firmware has been enhanced to where it is now possible downgrade to the previous version without the factory reset mentioned in my post. We don't do much with ZDs any more and I was unaware of this.

https://forums.ruckuswireless.com/ruckuswireless/topics/r700-and-downgrading-zd1200

kevin_o_reilly_
New Contributor
Thanks David. I downgraded tot he original firmware and everything came back up like a charm. Much appreciation for the timely fix! BTW - I did conveniently have the config backup so all good there too.