cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to allow guest to send and receive email with outlook?

alan_tam_ell5st
New Contributor III
Hi all,

I would like to know in zd1200 guest access mode. After guest connect to guest wifi, is it possible to let guest using outlook to send and receive email?

When I try to connect to guest access wifi , I can only browse internet. But, if I use outlook to receive and send email. It will fail.

If not possible, I would like to know is there anyway to setup wifi for guest access internet and using their email client to send/receive email. They are not allow to access our internal network. (Without using any vlan,l2 and l3 switches)

Thank for reading and reply to my post.

Best regard

Alan
4 REPLIES 4

tim_brumbaugh
Contributor
The question I have for you is, where is the client on the guest network trying to get their mail from?  A server on your network or one on the internet, if it is on the internet they should have access unless you specifically denied it on your firewall.  If it is on your network then unless you put in IP rules to allow them access to your network mail server it will not work.  By default the guest networks are denied access to 10.0.0.0/8, 172.16.0.0/16-172.32.0.0/16 and 192.168.0.0/16 subnets. 

alan_tam_ell5st
New Contributor III
Hi,
Thanks for reply, I am using Pop3 server that I subscribe from local email server provider. It is on internet. Any suggestion?

Thanks

Alan

tim_brumbaugh
Contributor
If they have internet access from the guest network then try some tests.  Can you ping the POP3/SMTP  mail servers, can you telnet to the SMTP server on port 25 or the TLS port if it is enabled.

nate_liv
New Contributor

You need to authenticate with your mail server. Account Settings > double click on account > More Settings > Outgoing server tab.

More information and screenshots are at http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/email/send-mail-when-traveling/