cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it normal for ZoneDirector 1200 Status Flashing red ?

sam_lam
New Contributor II

This is the first time I met ZoneDirector 1200 (ZD1200). Just want to have a simple power on test for the newly purchased ZD1200.

When it is just connected to power supply, nothing else, the STATUS LED keep on flashing in RED. Is it normal ? Checked user guide and it said Flashing Red means "It is starting up or shutting down".

If it is abnormal, what can one do before concluding it is hardware problem ? Thanks in advance

8 REPLIES 8

shantha_swaroop
New Contributor III
This might be due to corrupt OS, meantime did you try upgrading the firmware and the process was interrupted , Try and see if reseting once solves your problem

sam_lam
New Contributor II

Thanks for prompt reply. Do you mean pressing the reset "point" ? Will try later.

I prefer not to mess with firmware in the mean time.

shantha_swaroop
New Contributor III
yes, please press the reset button for 10 secs, 

on the firmware front , I asked you if you had tried upgrading the firmware on this box, as per my previous experience I had faced this problem when I tried to upgrade the firmware and process got interrupted mid way , where I had the same symptoms of the red LED Flashing...

sam_lam
New Contributor II

Thks.

For firmware part, as it is just unwarpped. Firmware comes from factory and I have not performed any update yet. Just want to ensure hardware is OK first. Othewise will return it.