cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a little issue where that some wireless clients get a 169.x.x.x address on the ZD1200

allen_morton
New Contributor
I have a little issue where that some wireless clients get a 169.x.x.x address on the ZD1200 This usually means they have not received an IP address, however, they are getting to the ZD as this address is in the wireless clients. To resolve If I go to the config tab/WLAN and change the VLAN ID associated with the SSID from say 20 to 40 which forces all clients to renew their IP association and obtain a new IP address from vlan 40. Then the clients take an IP address from Vlan 40 ok, so I then change the Vlan’s back as they originally “Vlan 20”, and they then take an IP Address from the correct vlan “vlan 20” ok. Any help appreciated as I have no idea why this is happening.
2 REPLIES 2

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
You need to trace packets at the DHCP server on VLAN 20, to see if all client requests are seen/answered.
Trace also at an AP where you have problem clients.  Compare the client requests sent, and those seen in
both files.

derrick_bell_fk
New Contributor
I was having a similar issue, but was sending traffic through a vSZ-D. The APs would fail-over to our second controller and would not be able to connect to the vSZ-D.