cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure a completley open guest WLAN

brandon_tracy
New Contributor II
We are a church. I'd like to configure our guest/public access as wide open. No authentication just isolation from the private network. no redirection, no prompt for T&C's, no logo screen etc. Is this possible.
etc. Is there a way to eliminate the portal logo an just allow then to use it.
4 REPLIES 4

sid_sok
Contributor II
You can. Create a standard wlan with no encription, enable full client isolation and put them on a separated VLAN that only goes out to the internet.

One thing to keep in mind, in an Open network any client that happens to be near by will associate and pull an IP address, if you do not have enough IP address and or your least time is not short you will run out of IP. If on the other hand you make your IP least time too short the client will go through DHCP renewal more often then is necessary good for the network.

There may be a few other concerns such as security (over the air packets are not encrypted)/privacy, illegal usage and so on, that other network administrator might be able point out as well. The configuration is easily accomplished, but please be aware of possible issues with such an open network.

brandon_tracy
New Contributor II
I understand the security risks and feel I've addressed them. At this point I just need to bypass the ruckus logo screen.

brandon_tracy
New Contributor II
My apologies. I mean that I want to eliminate the logon screen

sid_sok
Contributor II
Understood, what sent you is still the only way to not force them to a login page adn or display the T&C.