cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with ZF 7363 firmware update

wellington_nogu
New Contributor II
Hey, guys, I need help . I am experiecing some trouble with my ZF 7363. I need to upgrade it to 9.10.2.0.11 version of the firmware, but I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone have? Thanks
I know that it1s not the latest, but it's what I need for the moment.
7 REPLIES 7

Hi Wellington,

It could be some network or MTU issue if AP is unable to upgrade and should be troubleshooted accordingly.

For your reference, I am providing you the process to download AP firmware directly from ZD.

Please follow below process to download the AP image from your ZD directly.

1- SSH into the ZD CLI and enable FTP server using below commands.
enable
ruckus>enable
ruckus# config
ruckus(config)# sys
ruckus(config-sys)# ftp-anon
The FTP anonymous access has been enabled. 

2- Now access the ZD FTP server using web browser and find the directory for AP firmware for ZF7363

ftp://ZDIP

3- Locate your AP model folder >> Download the rcks_fw.bl7 file to your local system and now upgrade the AP manually using this image.
4- Make sure to disable the FTP server to prevent unauthorized access.

enable
ruckus>enable
ruckus# config
ruckus(config)# sys
ruckus(config-sys)# no ftp-anon
ruckus(config-sys)#end

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Hi Wellington,
    If it's a ZD to AP update that's failing, what model of ZoneDirector and what version is running on it now?Do you have other 7363 model APs that did update to ZD 9.10.2 version ok?
    Are you able to ping/ssh to the AP on whatever version its on now?  What version is that please?These answers might help us determine the issue, thanks!

samuel_sobich
New Contributor

I just bought ZF7363 with firmware 8.2. Upgraded it to latest stand alone firmware according to instructions >> https://support.ruckuswireless.com/articles/000001866

Solution in short:

- deploy tftp server ( in my case, tftpd-hpa)

- create "image control file" > "zf7363.cntrl.rcks"

[rcks_fw.main]
7363_100.1.0.0.500.bl7

- upgrade

- - Maintenance > Upgrade > Upgrade Method "TFTP"

TFTP Options
Firmware Server: 	tftp-server-ip-address
Port: 	69
Image Control File:  zf7363.cntrl.rcks

Reboot AP after flashing of new firmware is done

- Maintenance > Reboot/Reset

I know, that's not the answer to initial question, but I ended up here for my search of how-to upgrade firmware coming from old 8.2 version and failing upgrade process using default settings provided for http/ftp/tftp/.