cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guest access still can access internal network by using computer name

alan_tam_ell5st
New Contributor III
Currently , I am using zd1200 with 9.13 firmware. I try to create create guest access service that allow visitor to access internet but can not browse any internal network share drive.

If visitor connect to guest network. They can still access internal network shared drive using computer name. It seem like it only block guest access internal network using ip address only.

Is there anywhere to block guest network from access internal network by using ip address or computer name?

Thanks.

Alan.
8 REPLIES 8

DarrelRhodes
Valued Contributor
Hi Alan,

Enabling guest access alone won't isolate guest-clients from your internal network.

I would recommend separating guest-clients by using a different VLAN to your internal network. 

Take a look here for further info:  https://support.ruckuswireless.com/articles/000001547

I hope that helps,
Darrel.

alan_tam_ell5st
New Contributor III
Thanks for reply. If without vlan switches, will isolation setting with acl can block visitor from access internal network?

DarrelRhodes
Valued Contributor
Hi Alan,

Yes it should be possible.  I'd recommend tunnelling guest-user traffic back to the Zone Director and setting ACLs so guest-user traffic can only reach the default gateway and block acess to all other IPs on your private network.

Don't forget to allow for DHCP and DNS in your ACL config.

I hope that helps.
Darrel.

alan_tam_ell5st
New Contributor III
Is there any guide for tunneling guest traffic to zone director? Thank you so much for your answer