cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrade an AP without downgrading ZD1200?

erin_mcclellen
Contributor
Is there a way to downgrade individual APs? I tried uploading an older firmware in the "AP Patches" section and that did not do anything but tell me the 10.2 image was "invalid".

We're trying to sort out some compatibility issues and really need to push a few APs back for testing, is this possible?
3 REPLIES 3

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi Bway,

Do you want to downgrade firmware of some APs while others will stay on the ZDs firmware?

If yes, it is not possible. ZD managed APs will always stay on the same version as ZD.

Multi firmware support is only available in SmartZone controllers.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

erin_mcclellen
Contributor
Thanks, good to know. If it's possible, I'd also consider rolling back the ZD, but am a bit nervous about that without physical access.

We're on 10.4.1.0 build 214, which is awful with OS-X/iOS. We have another site on an old version (10.1.2.0 build 210) and the same clients work fine at that location so as a stopgap we'd like to try a rollback while we flail around with support.

david_black_594
Contributor III
Our testing of every 10.3 or 10.4 release has been very, very disappointing. The version at your other site, 10.1.2.0.210, is a good one. We keep all of our clients on 10.2.1.0.183 or lower.