cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chromecast support

salvatore_busce
New Contributor III
Should Chromecast work over a ruckus wlan? We are at 9.6.1.0 build 15, no client isolation, clients are in the same subnet, but no chromecast love. Any tips?
7 REPLIES 7

keith_redfield
Valued Contributor II
I use it with no problem. Do you have an AP with both 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz radios? If so, try disabling the 5Ghz temporarily or set up a dedicated 2.4 wlan. Chromecast can only connect on 2.4 and if you happen to be on the 5 you won't see it.

keith_redfield
Valued Contributor II
Just to clarify..the Chromecast must be in the same subnet as the client attempting to connect. With that even if you are on separate WLAN channels you'll still see it. Were you able to perform the discovery/setup using the Chromecast app?

salvatore_busce
New Contributor III
Clients are in the same subnet. This came in through our helpdesk, so I dont have all the details yet. The site has 80+ APs, and I havent determined yet if they were on the same AP, but I'm not sure that would matter anyway.
On your setup, is is controller based? Have you used it across multiple APs?

keith_redfield
Valued Contributor II
Yes, I'm on a standalone. Discovery/Setup requires you have a machine that can "see" the default Chromecast SSID that it broadcasts. Then once that's setup it should connect to the SSID you specify (note...just coincidentally discovered that Chromecast won't connect to our hidden SSIDs..)

If it's setup, and connected, then the interesting test would be to see if you can get both the client and the Chromecast on the same AP. If that works, but on a different AP does not...you may need to enable tunnel mode (which wasn't really designed with video in mind..so use with caution and after thorough testing)