cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication Failure or event 201

eddie_scarberry
New Contributor II
I am using a radius server. sometimes I have a device that is still trying to connect using a users old password, and after trying the bad password 3 times in a roll, it locks the user out. I see that there is a EVENT 201 in the event viewer. Shouldn't these type events of Client authentication failed get logged? 201 is set to log, but I never get any 201 logs. Is there a way I can see authentication failures to maybe see the device type, name or mac address of the device the password is failing on? 
8 REPLIES 8

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi Eddie,

Are you referring event 201 on ZD or auth server?

For the controller it is just a authentication failure. It depends upon the log level set on ZD, If it is set to Show more, you will be able to see authentication failure in the ZD event logs with client's MAC address.

Go to ZD >> System >> system settings >> Log settings >> "show more".

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

eddie_scarberry
New Contributor II
I am referring to ZD.  I do not have authentication server sat up.  if I did, would it show more than the ZD?   Any good links to show how to set one up?   In my ZD, I have SYSTEM, but under that I just have General, AP, Cluster, Maps, Certificates and Templates.  I do not have a System Settings.     is there anywhere that it would show a failure referencing the username?   I need to be able to search for a username and see failures.  

Hi Eddie,

Please refer online document from here.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

Thanks, I must have a different version of firmware, as I dont have a SYSTEM>SYSTEM SETTINGS.  I have done a screen shot.  Image_ images_messages_5f91c48d135b77e247ae4e41_c9d1131a2f55933caf90a24b0e095ad9_RackMultipart2020092541556xslz-3ff57dbb-726e-4a52-a770-6054384972bd-1742115592.jpg1601044390