cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add option to disable prov.exe, prov.dpk, etc.

mikko_ahola
New Contributor
There is no way to disable prov.exe, prov.dpk etc and use only manual connection method with dpsk? Registering devices with the device itself generates so many empty MAC addresses, that I have disabled the Onboarding portal but I would also like to disable prov.exe. Then I could tell users to open browser, go to controlleraddress.domain.com/activate, log in with AD credentials, copy the network key and use it to join their phones and tablets to our guest network. No certificate errors, no hassle, just plain and simple WPA2 key.
5 REPLIES 5

marcus_burton
New Contributor III
Hi Mikko,
Ok, I understand. In SZ, we do not support the Zero-IT onboarding utility since Cloudpath does that more capably. So there is no portal page like on ZD for DPSK generation.

However, if you want to allow end-users to generate DPSKs on their own, we do have APIs within the SZ architecture by which you can accomplish this. It will require a development effort to make use of the APIs and expose the portal to your users, but the tools are there if you want to make use of native SZ functionality. Otherwise, the admin is responsible to generate DPSKs for the users from within the SZ UI.