cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AD authentication thru ZD problem

ramil_pajo
New Contributor
Hi, We have a problem with some AD users failed login to ZD but no problem login thru LAN directly to AD. I think our AD works fine since it can authenticate all registered users. AD users with failed login in ZD don't have particular pattern I mean they are randomly members of different OU's.

Can you provide us other ways how to diagnose this problem?

3 REPLIES 3

roberto_hernand
New Contributor III
Hi Ramil,

We would need more information in order to understand your issue. Can you elaborate? Are you saying that your wireless clients cannot login to your wireless network due to Active Directory authentication? If yes, what are you using to authenticate? Pure AD, RADIUS, LDAP? 

ramil_pajo
New Contributor
yes, our wireless clients are authenticated thru AD and using pure AD and tried also with LDAP settings for troubleshooting purposes. We have issue with some AD users which can't login thru wireless but all can login successfully directly to AD thru LAN. I did not see any pattern of these users why they can't login thru ZD, some users in the same OU or security group can login while some can't login.
I tested to authenticate AD users in ZD thru "Test Authentication/Accounting Servers Settings".

May I know how to diagnose further this problem?

Thank You

roberto_hernand
New Contributor III
Hi Ramil,

There are a number of things that could be causing this. However, to understand things better, we would need some logs or indication of some error. Depending on what you are using as your AD server, it must have logs to see if the server is rejecting the access request and why. You mentioned that you tried the "Test Authentication/Accounting Server Settings". However, you did not mentioned if when  you tried that, it was successful or not. The system will typically give you an error if it was not successful. Did you see that?