cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web authenticate page doens't show?

paul_yoon_73518
New Contributor II
I am setting up ruckus wireless for the first time.

When i set up the SSID as a standard network, I am able to connect to the internet. however, when I set it up as guest network where the policy applies, I am not able to connect because I am not directed to a Authentication Page to use my guest login/password that I am able to generate.

I am able to get an IP address via (local) DHCP from my firewall that I have between the Internet and the ZD. The firewall is acting as local DHCP server, so users will not access internal network. But when I open a browser, I'm not redirected to any page to authenticate? Is it because the management IP of ZD is on my internal network?

Once I remove the guest policy and set it up as standard where there's a shared key and such, it works.

Any assistance would be appreciative.
8 REPLIES 8

hoang_tung_7073
New Contributor III
Hi,
Can you let me know what ZD you have and what is the firmware? 
Because you created a SSID as standard, you must tick the option "Enable Captive Portal..".
And if you want it authorised by AD, you need to configure AD in AAA server first.

paul_yoon_73518
New Contributor II
Hi,

I am using 9.1.2.0 build 8. I think it is really old.

Under Configure -> WLANS, i created a WLAN and there are 3 options for WLAN usages type - Standard Usage, Guest Access, and Hotspot Service.

When I select Standarad Usage and set up a WPA2 password and have a laptop connect, I am able to connect to the Internet. When I select Guest Access, It says that Guest access policies and access control will be applied, and go to Configure -> Guest to configure the settings. All I see here is to use Guest Authentication, redirection, guest pass generation, restricted subnet access, and portal logo changes. I do not see any option that says "enable captive portal".

I do not want to authorise guests to connect to my internal network, which is why I set up a local DHCP server on the firewall to provide guests who connect to this SSID an IP to connect to the Internet.

I can set it up the standard usage, where user connects to AP, gets an IP via DHCP from firewall, which then NATS to a public IP to connect to ISP. However, When I enable Guest Access so I can generate a guest pass (which i am able to do as I have management access to the ZD), I am not able to get a laptop connected to the Internet. An IP address is assigned, but is not directed to a page where I can enter the guest pass to give me access to the Internet.

Please advise.

Would upgrading to later version be more helpful?

thanks.

hoang_tung_7073
New Contributor III
Hi,
Upgrading firmware is recommended. You should start upgrading it as soon as you can. 

Let me put your question into this way, please let me know which one is correct:
1) you want a guest wireless, using guest pass generation. The Users must have a guest code and activate by browser.
2) you want a guest wireless, with a single password, and they are not allowed to connect to your internal network.

paul_yoon_73518
New Contributor II
Hi,

I will try to schedule and upgrade the firmware.

1) correct; users can connect to the ssid, but cannot connect to Internet unless they have a guest pass which is generated by an employee/admin; when they connect they should get an IP and open a browser which will direct them to a page to authenticate the guest pass.
2) the password is temporary and expires and one time use - and yes, not allowed to our internal network. for guest use only.

The network can only conenct to the internet but not our internal network.