cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zonedirector 1200 - what frequencies

gibbo
New Contributor

Hello, we have a ruckus ZD1200 (firmware 10.5.1.0 build 124) with R500 access points.

How do I find out which frequencies we're running - 2.4Ghz, 5Ghz or both?

We've just purchased some wireless devices that only work on 2.4Ghz and struggling to get them to connect.

I'm wondering if I have to create a new WLAN just for them and specify somewhere the operating frequency?

Thank You

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sanjay_kumar
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @gibbo 

To understand if the AP is broadcasting on both 2.4 and 5 GHz, you need to Select the AP under the Access Points tab  >> Scroll Down >> Under General tab >> Radio section >> Check the "WLAN Service" is enabled for both 2.4 and 5 GHz.

To see on what frequency the SSID is broadcasting, then you can check from the AP CLI using below command "get channel <wlan number>

Below is an example:

sanjay_kumar_0-1683437350082.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

sanjay_kumar
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @gibbo 

To understand if the AP is broadcasting on both 2.4 and 5 GHz, you need to Select the AP under the Access Points tab  >> Scroll Down >> Under General tab >> Radio section >> Check the "WLAN Service" is enabled for both 2.4 and 5 GHz.

To see on what frequency the SSID is broadcasting, then you can check from the AP CLI using below command "get channel <wlan number>

Below is an example:

sanjay_kumar_0-1683437350082.png