cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WLAN Authentication

stefany_pineda
New Contributor II

*I want to create a wlan,

*The users don’t need authentication, but I have to know the user’s personal information, 

*when user is connect to wlan…is possible to configure or redirect the user to google forms? 

6 REPLIES 6

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi Stefany,

On guest WLAN and on WISPr, you can define a post authentication URL, this will point the user to your desired URL, however, it is up-to the clients if they wish to ignore the redirected page and start using the network or provide you the info on Google forms.

What is the controller you are using and on what version?

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

@syamantak_omer 

Zone Director V 9.12

1. In Wispr I need to configure a captive portal and I need an authentication server. The wlan is created for free wifi service 

*can it works with google forms? 
2. guest wlan… is password necessary to login? Or it can be an open wlan to redirect to google forms 

1. In Wispr I need to configure a captive portal and I need an authentication server. The wlan is created for free wifi service 

*can it works with google forms? 

[Syamantak] I don't think you can directly integrate with google forms. Still you have to configure captive portal and authentication, post that you use post authentication URL where you can put google forms link.
2. guest wlan… is password necessary to login? Or it can be an open wlan to redirect to google forms

[Syamantak] It can be open and without guest pass. On guest portal profile select always accept option.

On a side note, I am not sure if always accept option is available on 9.12 version. So try to upgrade to closest supported version, as per your AP models.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

It works! Thank you very much 

guest wlan works…I understand the user can ignore the redirect page but it’s possible that I can obtain a lot of user's information(name, ID card and address) 

bless you