cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from Old ZoneDirector 1006 to ZoneDirector 1200

joke_jong
New Contributor III
I am upgrading my existing ZoneDirector 1006 with firmware 9.3.4 to a newly purchased ZoneDirector 1200 with the default firmware - which should be 9.8.something.

I have about 25 APs, VLAN config, SSID, all the bells and whistles including all the naming convention, location, very-very detailed settings..

I tried to backup the settings on the ZD1006, then proceed to ZD1200, and tried to restore...

Oops, bad news - the settings is not compatible and I am stuck.

I really don't wish to re-configure all the settings from scratch.. any-way I can migrate the configuration without having to re-do all the AP and WLAN information?
18 REPLIES 18

monnat_systems
Valued Contributor II
"supported" AP can upgrade/downgrade from any to any BUT you need to look for AP's which are supported. ZD1000 and ZD1200 are generation apart...

joke_jong
New Contributor III
yep, i have confirmed that my ZF7343 are supported in ZD1200 9.9 firmware.
I am having problem right now with my ZD1100 upgrade though. I am stuck in the upgrade progress from 9.5 to 9.7... it just get stuck with blinking red status light and it refuses to upgrade...

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Hi Joke, Did you get as far as 9.5.3.0.44, before trying to go to 9.7?

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software/410-zd1100-9-5-3-0-44-mr-software-release

If you simply do a ZD reboot, does it come back up (green Status LED) shortly, so you can try again?

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
The ZD 9.7.2.0.9 Release Notes do say you can upgrade from 9.5.1.0.50 however.

https://ruckus-support.s3.amazonaws.com/private/documents/488/9.7.2.0.9_-_ZoneFlex_9.7.2_Release_Not...

A ZD1100 can seem to take a long time to upload the image (flashing red LED), so sometimes give it up to 30 min.

joke_jong
New Contributor III
I manage to get the 9.7.2.0.9 from my previously downloaded link. but It's not available on the website which I think your team might need to put in for ZD1100.

I manage to get to 9.5, and the problem only happened when trying to upgrade from 9.5 to 9.7.
The trick i used was to power-cycle first, then once I get into ZD after it was upgraded from 9.3 to 9.5, I went to the admin > maintenance > reboot > power off button. Once it's powered off, then I power-cycled the device again, and I was then able to upgrade to 9.7, and then later on to 9.8, and then to 9.9...

It was a really long and tedious process... albeit brainless..