cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R310 unleashed - Add 2 R500's for Mesh?

gene_baker_7480
New Contributor II
I have an existing WiFi network consisting of 7 R310 AP's and I need to do a Mesh to add an outdoor AP. From what I've read in the Forum the R310 does not support Mesh? Assuming this is correct, could I add 2 R500 to the unleashed network and use one of them for the outdoor AP or would the R310's on the network stop the Mesh from being created? Or would it require more than two R500's to work? Or would it work at all mixing Mesh supporting and non supporting AP's on the same Unleashed network?

Gene
4 REPLIES 4

monnat_systems
Valued Contributor II
gene,
i think better would be to have R500 on different unleashed network with MESH enabled without R310 which can further extend the network via mesh to outdoor...
Is outdoor AP also Ruckus unleashed software supported ones ??

gene_baker_7480
New Contributor II
Sorry If I made that confusing, right now there is just 7 R310's, I was going to add two R500 to the existing unleashed network (Would then be 7 R310's + 2 R500) to gain the Mesh support, one R500 wired for root and the other outside the main house.

Second Unleashed on the same network? Never done that yet and how is the hand off when they come back in range of the other?

Thanks for the quick response.

monnat_systems
Valued Contributor II
never tried this thingy before.. think of this situation

R310 as master AP which cannot do MESH or allows mesh as hardware does not support... will it allow R500 slave wired AP to become Root AP and another R500 to work as mesh AP... this is not what i am sure about...
if we can fix the role of master AP to a R500 and then i think it should be doable...

Second Unleashed on the same network? Never done that yet and how is the hand off when they come back in range of the other?

well i thought it was an office network where its possible to have different segments..
not sure if it is doable, just an idea...
R310's on X software versionR500 on Y software version (latest)
@ruckus - will this keep both network work separately??

gene_baker_7480
New Contributor II
It's a residential install, a very large house with tons of concrete and metal, even in the interior walls, that's why 7 AP's. I'm trying to use one SSID and keep everything on the same network for as smooth as possible hand offs between AP's.

The existing R310's already installed are running FW v200.4.9.13.47.