cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorola MC9090 handhelds and 7363 Access Points with Zone Director

michael_daracz
New Contributor II
I have 4 motorola handheld guns roaming between 6 overlapping 7363 access points with Zone Director 1100. The guns are running a simple wavelink telnet application. They are sitting on a separate open WLAN with no authenticaion but with an MAC ACL. Intermittently, the guns are having problems re-establishing a link to the access point(bars that indicate signal strength go from full to none, and the handheld indicates that it lost connection with the server), even though they are within the range of them. It doesn't happen often but its annoying enough. It usually takes 10 - 20 seconds to re establish a link. What settings should I check? Thank you!

I
40 REPLIES 40

Did you end up getting it working with the BSS update?:

ray_morgan_6011
New Contributor
@Michael Daracz

Did you end up getting it working with the BSS update?:

joe_statter
New Contributor
BSS Update wiil help in this case the biggest issue is the DTIM period you need to set the DTIM period to at least 5 on the WLAN the Motorola is associating to Moto recommend 10 also the short preamble could also cause issues

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Both official ZD releases 9.6.2.0.13 (MR2) and 9.7.0.0.220 (GA) are now available
if you were on a patch or LCS build. Frequent roaming and a hostonly, loopback
detected state could result in 10s silent periods or one-way audio for VoIP devices,
certain to also break any Telnet-based applications like Citrix, or RDP. That bug fix
is in both official releases.

And maybe for a Moto only environment, but I can't advise increasing DTIM past 5.

julius_kisieli1
New Contributor III
Hi,

We have something very simillar, we run 65 handhelds across 11 AP and a zonedrirector (9.6.1.0 build 15). The handhelds are Win CE5.0, the network cards in them are BG. We run a web-based application through the built in Internet Explorer browser and we get a lot of "web page not found", the server sit's in the warehouse for this application.

We are planning an upgrade to 9.6.2.0.13 in the next few weeks hoping this will resolve our issues.

Julius