cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guest Access Blocked

steve_kile
New Contributor II
I am trying to deploy a Guest Network using ZoneDirector 9.12.2.0 build 204 and a couple T300 Access Points.  

I created a WLAN called FYL and everything works fine on Standard Usage.  But I want to set up a captive portal page with Guest Access.  It seemed to work once on my iPhone, but now it never gives me a portal page and doesn't give me any internet connectivity.  If I switch it back to Standard Usage.. it works again.

I do notice that under Monitor/Wireless Clients, it shows my phone (with a valid IP, the same in fact, as when I am connected with Standard Usage) connected to the correct WLAN, but it says Status of Unauthorized and Auth Method as Web.  I am using Open authentication and no encryption at the moment.

I have been through these configs over & over and I can't find my problem. I have read many web setups and mine isn't any different than those recommended.  Any tips or directions would be greatly appreciated.

-Steve
7 REPLIES 7

I thought that maybe I needed to go into a browser to click on "Guest Access", but it always says "No Internet Connection".

I tried Chrome and Safari on the iPhone, and Chrome and Firefox on the Surface and all the same.

Did you solve this issue?

We ended up rebooting one of the Access Points.  Go figure.