cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not generate Dynamic PSK to the clients on hotspot network

alex_kalinin
New Contributor
I am setting up the BYOD for the school with Zone Director Version 9.9.0.0 build 205. All works fine if the client have wired or wireless connection to  Standard Usage (For most regular wireless network usages.) network. Enable Zero-IT Activation config file downloads to the device fine and the device join to network ok.

The problem is when the client is connected to open BYOD-Provisioning hotspot wlan the DPSK and wifi config file does not get generated for the device. It just return back to autentificate page but you can see that it authenticated fine to the server.
Please help me to solve the problem.

Thank you,
Alex
2 REPLIES 2

gerard_3770286
New Contributor III
Hi Alex, I think I had a similar problem, I hope this helps. Are the clients connecting to a radius server ?  Have you authorised that server in the ZD settings ? If you are using the likes of a social network to authenticate, then you will also need to put those pages in as well.  Facebook, Linkedin, twitter etc.

alex_kalinin
New Contributor
Thank you for the respond - yes the RADIUS was fine - I have found the solution - need to create guest access with "device registration" - not the hotspot service that is isolating the traffic - got confused by old youtube video for ruckus BYOD - they must of changed it now. THIS is how it needs to be done https://forums.ruckuswireless.com/ruckuswireless/topics/dynamic_psk_vs_apple_configurator_zd3000