cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to setup VLANs on R600 unleashed

guest_stonecali
New Contributor II
I'm trying to setup 4 R600 Unleashed access points with multiple VLANs. The APs have been assigned static IPs on the default LAN.  I will be creating 6 different SSIDs, each with its own DHCP scope if not VLAN. The clients will receive IPs via DHCP relay.  Where in the Unleashed setup do I create the VLANs and associate them with their SSIDs?

Thanks,
BJ
18 REPLIES 18

Yea, Cisco have a unique way of classifying their Trunk/Tagging and unfortunately I have little experience with Cisco. When you say the 2nd AP is trying to setup as a Master, what behavior indicates so?

guest_stonecali
New Contributor II
It's working now, thank you very much.

I said that it was trying to setup as a master because since it didn't detect the existing AP (and vice versa), it thought it was being installed on a "virgin" network so the master setup wizard automatically deployed.  It asked me to name the network, etc.

guest_stonecali
New Contributor II
sigh.  after I updated the firmware and clicked next, the 3rd AP is "Founding the Unleashed Network".

edit:  I guess that means discovering and joining it, because now I'm looking at a dashboard with 3 APs connected.

michael_grant_6
Contributor II
Let it complete the process and you will probably get a time out or "cannot reach the server". Do you have your Master AP setup and working with an SSID? Do a factory restore on additional AP's by pressing the physical reset button on the back until the lights go out (normally about 10 seconds). Re-power and wait for Master to adopt additional AP's.

Also see: https://forums.ruckuswireless.com/ruckuswireless/topics/ruckus-unleashed-200-2-upgrade-troubleshooti...

**"Do NOT connect multiple APs to power and the network all at once. In the initial setup stage, you should choose one AP as the Master AP and connect it to the network and power, and then complete the initial setup steps on this Master AP before connecting any other APs. Once setup is complete, you can continue connecting other APs to power and the network."**

guest_stonecali
New Contributor II
Thanks, MLG.  

When I updated the 4th AP, after clicking Next it asked to create the network.  I refreshed the page and it is now "Founding" the network.  That completed, and now I'm looking at a dashboard with 4 APs

By the way, I did as you said, establishing the master and then connecting them one at a time.