cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will unleashed support AAA Server - Radius Accounting Type ?

kenny_bok
New Contributor II
Because I want to use the unleashed R500 with PurpleWiFi solution ,
but I found that unleashed just have Radius type in AAA Servers Setting , no Radius Accounting type .
So PurpleWiFi can not work properly.
( can open the PurpleWiFi  splash page , but cannot get the access to use the internet )

Will Ruckus add this function later on ?

sorry for my bad english .
9 REPLIES 9

kenny_bok
New Contributor II
so if I really need to use Radius Accounting , I need to buy a ZD ?

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Or you can use your APs in Standalone Mode.

An 802.1x WLAN defined under a Tab on either/both radio bands can specify AAA Authentication and Accounting server IP/Ports.

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
A Feature Request for AAA Accounting in Unleashed would also be appropriate.

In addition to the FAQ regarding Unleashed, another KBA#5389 will appear today and has the following details regarding differences with Unleashed GA and a ZD or vSZ/SZ100 controller network.  Here is the text:

Key Differences between Unleashed and ZD or vSZ/SZ100

Unleashed Release 200.x has near parity with ZD's 9.9 release features, with some exceptions.

Unleashed does not support SpeedFlex, IPv6, Role-based ACL, or RADIUS Accounting (RADIUS Authentication is supported).

Other differences from ZD or vSZ/SZ100 networks include:

- No External Controller
- Recommended for Single site only.
- No FlexMaster, SPoT or SCI support
- AP Licenses are not needed
- No AP Group or WLAN Group support
- Only 802.11ac APs
- Only Local break-out, no Tunnel support
- Strong Encryption (WPA2, PSK, AES, DPSK via GUI, TKIP/WEP via CLI only.

Is there any word on RADIUS Accounting being available in Unleashed?
I've noticed that the CLI is there for it, and if settings are input in CLI they do sort of show up in Unleashed Web UI, but can't be applied to a WLAN.
It would be a really greatly appreciated addition, as Unleashed is an ideal solution for small hotels and restaurants when combined with something like Purple Wi-Fi - but it does need Accounting for the full reporting capabilities.

--Richard

I see a feature request UN-235: Add AAA Accounting to Unleashed in our system, but not assigned or prioritised yet.
Letting your local Ruckus SE know you need this for business purposes and asking him to "vote" for this FR can help increase visibility.