cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Unleashed mesh work on R320?

bhusan_gupta
New Contributor III

I think that the answer is no, but before concluding that, I thought to ask the Ruckus brain trust.

I have an existing R750-based (x3) Unleashed network (mesh-enabled, but all APs are wired). I have added a R320 wired first and it joins the AP group without issue. When I disconnect the ethernet which should force it to RF mesh, it stays disconnected. So my strong suspicion is that it cannot be a mesh Unleashed AP (the config page for this AP does state that Mesh status is not supported). Unfortunately there is no documentation that I have found that explicitly states that (as there is for the R310 and H320). I just wanted to confirm that I will need a different AP to mesh Unleashed.

11 REPLIES 11

Hi, What version of Unleashed are you running on the R310? Including the build details.  E.g. 200.7.10.202.118

My R310 are in version 200.7.10.202.92. Consenting the documentation, I saw the following indication "The Unleashed solution scales up to 50 Access Points and 1,024 concurrent clients", but I found it strange, because 25 appeared on the AP.

But reading the documentation more carefully, I saw that 25 is for when the Controller is like Gatway, it is like this "" The 50 AP maximum does not apply when the Master AP is in Gateway Mode, regardless of AP model. If the Master AP is deployed in Gateway Mode, the maximum remains 25 APs. "

Clarified, thank you.