cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which firmware increases from limit of 25 APs? And why would R310 be left out?

john_woodall_56
New Contributor III

I can't seem to locate the firmware that increases this to 50 or 70.  

As well, we have an R310 that says it will be left as unmanaged if we update to what's available from the Master.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi John,

It is 200.7 version which support up-to 50 APs. It is also the last version which support R310. Beyond that, ac wave-1 APs are no longer supported.

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/documents/2279-ruckus-unleashed-200-6-ga-refresh-what-s-new/downl...

You can upgrade to 200.7 version.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

tony_heung
Contributor II

Starting from 200.8 we have increased the AP support to 128 in a single network (and 2,048 concurrent clients support).  As it was baselined using the least common denominator on hardware, so we had decided to remove the support of the Wi-Fi 5 wave 1 APs so we can allow *any* APs to act as the master role.  As you may know we have built-in the controller function inside the AP itself so it was a tough decision to say goodbye of our popular R310 starting 200.8 which was on an earlier version of the hardware spec.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi John,

It is 200.7 version which support up-to 50 APs. It is also the last version which support R310. Beyond that, ac wave-1 APs are no longer supported.

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/documents/2279-ruckus-unleashed-200-6-ga-refresh-what-s-new/downl...

You can upgrade to 200.7 version.

Syamantak Omer
Follow me on LinkedIn

tony_heung
Contributor II

Starting from 200.8 we have increased the AP support to 128 in a single network (and 2,048 concurrent clients support).  As it was baselined using the least common denominator on hardware, so we had decided to remove the support of the Wi-Fi 5 wave 1 APs so we can allow *any* APs to act as the master role.  As you may know we have built-in the controller function inside the AP itself so it was a tough decision to say goodbye of our popular R310 starting 200.8 which was on an earlier version of the hardware spec.

john_woodall_56
New Contributor III

That answers my questions - thank you both.

Glad to help you John!

Syamantak Omer
Follow me on LinkedIn