cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unleashed Smart roam

taylor_sanders
New Contributor III

Hi,

Deployed and support a biz / residential Unleashed install of 3x R710s in 3 separate buildings within close proximity.  25-35yards apart.  Everything been good until the recent addition of some home chromecast devices.  With my past config for 2yr 1 particular chromecast refuses to work on 5Ghz.  Constant deauths until it gives up trying to connect all together or goes for 2.4Ghz and then works for a bit until it decides to use 5Ghz again then fails.

I had previously enabled 802.11r + 802.11k + smart roam of 4 when it was first setup 2yrs ago as I had a consistent issue with client devices not properly connecting the AP within the same building.  Client devices would stick to a poorer signal AP in another building rather than using the one close by.

In my chromecast troubleshooting of deauths "leaving" - I've disabled 802.11r + 802.11k on the "home" ssid.  That alone did not help.  But changing the smart roam to 1 allowed 5Ghz to work.  (But not sure how reliably yet)

Today I was onsite following up with a reboot after enabling adaptive band balancing as I noticed far too many 2.4Ghz clients when they should be 5Ghz.  Once network came back online the chromecast was broken again.

I reviewed smart roam and discovered it reverted back to previous valve of 4.  Didn't save to startup config.

I then set again and rebooted.  Same.  Why won't the cli smart roam config save to startup config?  Am I forgetting something?

Following:  https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/Unleashed/Unleashed-configure-smart-roam/td-p/35796

ap-mode

set roam_factor wlan1 1

set roam_factor wlan33 1

quit (says saved but isn't)

Also been reviewing cli guide to remember how to completely disable unleashed smart roam for ssid but having hard time locating proper documentation.  https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/unleashed-200.13-commandref/page/GUID-BFAF3962-5710-473B-9A1F-DCED...

"Accessing the AP-Mode CLI" has little discussed and CLI help isn't really helpful.  get ? / set ? returns no results.  Where is smart roam documentation?

Unleashed firmware 200.13.6.1.319

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4