cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unleashed API

ms
New Contributor II

Is there published or unpublished API for Unleashed?

I'm looking for the MACs from cli command "show current-active-clients all". 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mmMOLINARI
RUCKUS Team Member

Totally agree. I just created a new repo on GitHub and added the Unleashed postman collection: https://github.com/commscope-ruckus/RUCKUS-Unleashed

You start with the call to login using the unleashed credentials, then retrieve a CSRF token, and use it in the header for subsequent calls.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

Thanks.

With a ZD1200 on my subnet I see:-ZD serviceZD service

With a vSZ on my subnet I see:-
vSZ servicevSZ service

But I see nothing when I have an Unleashed network on my subnet. 
I think the intention is that I should see a service, since usr/sbin/bonjour_mon.sh is being kept up-to-date with service types for your newer platforms.

(The two errors I showed, in the comment above, were from my Unleashed syslog). 
(The screenshots are from Bonjour Browser for Windows, but I see the same results from dns-sd).

I did a restart of all the Unleashed APs today & I have the _ruckus-unleashed._tcp. service. I'll keep an eye on it to see if it goes away or not.

Definitely this is enough for me to test mDNS Discovery, but it would be good if you could raise the issue that the service vanishes sometimes.

mmMOLINARI
RUCKUS Team Member

Understood. I did inform the PLM about the need of a fix already. I will keep them posted about your findings

PaulXtreme
New Contributor

Hi @mmMOLINARI Thanks a bunch for the postman scripts. I need to control the access points and block clients based on certain triggers within our programming and then re-enable them at a later time. Is this possible via unleashed or would we need additional hardware?

What actions are you wanting to take, from what triggers? and what platform are you on (I'm assuming you have some system you want to integrate with Unleashed, but maybe you are trying to do everything inside Unleashed)?

Assuming the builtin functionality, or SNMP & syslog integrations aren't suitable... I've got quite good coverage of Unleashed query functionality in aioruckus, and I've added the actions I needed (block/unblock clients, enable/disable WLANs, enable/disable AP LEDs, reboot APs, perform backups).

If you need extra actions or queries then I can add them quite easily.

Or if you need something other than python then I might also be able to help (e.g. I have JavaScript & PowerShell APIs I've been tinkering with, or the python API can be wrapped in shell scripts).