cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unleashed AP approval issues with 200.2.9.13.186

JJW2009
New Contributor III
With previous firmware versions I could enable/disable automatic approvals.  I just updated to 200.2.9.13.186 and it seems the approval option is permanently enabled, you are not able to click the option.  Has anyone else noticed this?  It's caused some minor headaches when running multiple APs on the same network that I did not want to be connected together.
17 REPLIES 17

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Unleashed is designed to run on one flat VLAN, and automatically upgrade/update new APs seen. 
You cannot run two Unleashed networks on the same VLAN.
You have a choice when to Upgrade the entire network, following a new Unleashed release.

JJW2009
New Contributor III
Thanks Michael, I could have sworn I was able to select or un-select the approval option with the previous firmware, I thought it was strange I couldn't do it with this release... but I could be wrong.  Thanks for the update.

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Glad to get your feedback.  Keep testing.

Hi Jeff

You are definitely not mistaken: after setup last year, we disabled the automatic approval. Since upgrading to the latest firmware on friday, the feature is enabled again, and grayed out.

From a security point of view, it's bad that someone can plug in an AP and it just joins the AP to your network without any approval requests...

Is there a workaround for this issue?

Michael Brado: I'm not sure if you're not talking about the automatic upgrade of firmwares? Unless I'm mistaken, what Jeff, Daniel (and I) mean is the automatic approval of new access points on your network.