cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus Unleashed slow speeds

adrian_minea
New Contributor II
Hi everyone, I just replaced a Draytek Wifi network with 4 Ruckus R510 acess points. The problem that I'm having is while hardwired into the switch where the access points are connected I'm getting 400-450 Mbps download and upload, I'm using a small Cisco 10P POE Switch connected straight to the router on a different VLAN. If I connect to any of the access points on WIFI I only get 200-220 Mbps, being next to the access point. I only enabled the 5G network and all the channels are set on auto. Is there anything that I can change to see if it improves the speed on WIFI ? If I was to use a Zone Director and flash the firmware, will it make any difference?
Thank you
31 REPLIES 31

Hello, Thanks for the information, but i have nog 'Bubble' to select. Only countries, reserved_1 and Zone2. None of them with any results.

When i disable the 5G network i get better transferrates on my 2.4G network.

This is a bit of a workaround, but far from how it should be.

braden_hobbs
New Contributor
I was seeing the same issues as above. 10-20% of wired download speeds with nothing above 100mbps on wifi. I went into the web portal > access points > edit > disable all but a couple of the 2.4ghz channels. Wifi up to 400-500 on Down/UP. 

No clue why? Was there really that much interference? Doesn't seem right as speeds were constant.