cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus Unleashed Syslog custom port

taylor_sanders
New Contributor III

Ruckus Unleashed.  3x R710s.

Anyway to configure a syslog custom port?

Reviewed GUI + CLI after upgrading them to 200.12.10.105.100 from very outdated firmware. Don't believe supported?  Yet - hopefully.

Using graylog server with dedicated inputs / ports for different devices.  Would like to syslog the Ruckus.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi All,

An internal feature request was placed to support this configuration option.

Request will be internally reviewed and will be implemented (if approved) as per product and engineering team's review.

Note: While we try our best to introduce any important feature(s) option in our products, but RUCKUS reserve the rights to implement it or not, depending upon the feature usability, feasibility and associated factors on its development and implementation.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

DarrelRhodes
Valued Contributor

Hi Taylor,

Unfortunately appears this functionality isn't supported in Unleashed.

You would need to upgrade to SmartZone for this feature: https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/sz-522-adminguide-sz300vsz/page/GUID-9B49DD74-6FFE-4260-A567-49246...

Best,
Darrel.

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Ignore please

Syamantak Omer
Follow me on LinkedIn

stephen_hall_60
Contributor

I too have always wanted this feature as well!

my rough (and annoying) work around is to setup a dst-nat rule on the router at any unleashed installs, to redirect udp 514 from the APs local subnet, TO the syslog port we use for AP logging (in my case its 8014 , and across a VPN to our syslog cluster).

Thus would love to see this feature added.  Im also surprised that via the CLI you are able to see the syslog port as 514 UDP , but are unable to change it (via cli),  as you can on Standalone FW, or ZD / vSZ ap FW.

Hi Stephen,

We will get a feature enhancement created internally but cannot guaranty when product and engineering team will be able to implement it.

Syamantak Omer
Follow me on LinkedIn