cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus Unleashed 200.5 has bug

li_zijie
New Contributor III
After testing the 200.5 version of the defective R500 R600, will lead to a series of models, wireless LAN appears high delay, packet loss and other cases, only by reducing version to solve the problem, hope that the official personnel test, to fix the problem.

thanks
19 REPLIES 19

dmitri_kalintse
New Contributor II
My mesh set-up is experiencing the problem that looks similar to what Kari is describing, except it is not happening all the time - only after my mesh has been operating for a few days (~10 or so), and the problem is only seen from stations connected to the MAP (when connected directly to RAP all is fine). The built-in MAP to RAP speed test isn't showing any difference to when everything is operating normally - ~450M both ways.

I also don't use RADIUS or change any encryption settings.

The problem appeared after upgrade to 200.5, and can be resolved by rebooting the MAP.

However, couple weeks ago rebooting just the MAP didn't work - had to reboot the RAP as well, and all came back just fine, well, until today when I had to reboot the MAP to make it come to senses again.

In all cases I didn't notice APs shift 5 or 2.4 channels significantly with reboots - I'm guessing they were already on optimal channels, and came back to the same channels after reboot.

jim_balla
New Contributor II
I upgraded to firmware version:  200.5.10.0.283 and as soon as I did. I lost my guest network. Prior when someone accessed the guest network they would be redirected to the captive portal where they would enter a guest pass. Now they get directed to the admin login page. Ruckus support is at a loss.

I am also seeing this issue in some cases.

I have an open ticket with ruckus support currently.  They told me that I have to set rules in my firewall to allow ports 8090, 8099, 9997 & 9998 from your guest zone to the zone that your APs are in.  I have discovered that you need to expand that list to include 80 (http) and 443 (https).  It sounds like they might be working to correct this loophole.  

jim_balla
New Contributor II
I received a new build version yesterday to try (200.5.10.0.291). It has been running for over 24 hrs and everything is back to the way it is supposed to be.