cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus Unleased R510 2nd AP PWR - Blinking Green

david_fry_jnngq
New Contributor II
Hello,
I am trying to add my 2nd AP (r510 unleashed) to my network.  I already have a single r510 unleashed in gateway mode.   When connecting 2nd one to my POE switch, the PWR light continues to just blink green and I never see it in the Unleashed administration interface.

I suspect, the reason is that my cable modem will only supply a single IP address:
The current network topology is
Cable Modem --> POE Switch --> R510s connected via ethernet

I'd really rather NOT add a router in between my cable modem and POE switch.  Is there a way to get a 2nd AP to join without it getting an IP from device further up the topology?  I was kind of hoping the AP would find the unleashed network via L2 and then allow the master AP handle the L3 routing.

Thanks for your help!
5 REPLIES 5

sunny_gupta
Contributor II
Another option could be to connect the R510 directly to the cable modem using the 2nd interface, and use the Poe interface to the switch, then run Unleashed in Gateway mode which will act as a router/NAT for you.  Then if you connect the 2nd R510 to the switch, it will get a private DHCP address from the Master Unleashed AP.

i.e. Router -> R510 (Unleashed Master) - Switch - R510 (Unleashed)

The only downside is if you lose the Master AP for some reason, the connectivity will be down.  The only alternative to use the same topology currently in use is to obtain or statically assign another IP to the 2nd R510 in the same subnet as the first (as noted by Alex)...