cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router suggestions for home use

jason_walker_6z
New Contributor II
Hey everyone. I know this has been asked in the past, but I'm curious if there is any new advice out there for selecting a router to work with the Ruckus Unleashed R510. I purchased a new home and this system was part of the build, so that's great... but the tech that set it up said I'd still need to use my previous router (Netgear Orbi) for NAT. What I don't like is using these mesh routers and having a separate wireless signal that I'm essentially not going to be using since I'll connect everything to the Ruckus wifi.

I'm looking for a wired router that I can connect to my cable modem that will provide NAT for the Ruckus. Any suggestions? I'm looking for something that is fast, but doesn't need to be overkill... looking at TP-Link or Ubiquiti options on Amazon.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It seems pointless to use a $300 mesh router system only to disable the radio.
16 REPLIES 16

daniel_m
Contributor

Rather off topic question Jason—any wired router will work and this has nothing to do with the wireless network.

Just asking for suggestions based on what others have done... not sure how it's off topic if I started the thread? If you found my question unreasonable, you could've skipped the reply.

I guess we should give daniel a break; he obviously lives a very lonely existence.

How is this off-topic brainiac? I came here because I have the same exact same question.

Rather than be a self-important know-it-all, how about just answering the question without the smugness? Or better yet, just don't respond. I doubt you're any fun at parties, mostly because you never get invited.