cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R700 & R500 Unleashed - Can I use the Ethernet port to bridge to WAN?

ricardo_rivera_
New Contributor II
Good morning,

At home I'm using an R700 (Master) and R500 (Mesh) on unleashed mode. I would like to know if I can use one of the ethernet port on the R500 to connect a PC(with no wifi) to get internet. 

Right now I connect the PC on one of the port and I don't get any ip. I assigned a static ip to the PC and I still can't get out to the internet.

Could this be posible on this setup?

Thanks in advance!
11 REPLIES 11

HI Michael,

Al my devices do get ip connecting to unleashed wlan. the only devices that doesn't get any ip is PC-no-WIFI when I connect it to the r500 eth1 or eth2. I just get a ghost ip. I even try setting the ip manually on the pc-no-wifi but it didn't work... it like the Ethan port are no bridge with the wlan.

I will try connecting to the r700 Eth port to see If a get the same result...

is there anything to see if the Eth port are bridge to the wlan? since the unleashed is running I can't get any access to the ap setting  web gui... I just get the unleashed dashboard..

I don't know much about the CLI but is there is away please let me know.

thanks

ricardo_rivera_
New Contributor II
Thanks you all! yesterday i got home and try it again and it started to work. I don't know why it didn't work or why it started to work. i haven't make any change but it si working!

so thanks again!