i am planning a SmartMesh Network with Ruckus Unleased.
I have two wired APs and seven non-wired APs (big Parking Area without Cabling).
The wired APs will be the Root-APs.
- How many Hops are supported with SmartMesh within an Unleased Network? There are some APs who will need to connect over another AP to the Root-AP (so i have two Hops). In Case one Root-AP is going down i have some APs who will need an additional Hop.
- Is it possible to fix the Master/Standby Role to an AP. Master and Standby should be distributed over the two Root-APs and should not be on a Mesh-AP.
- I will test this Setup first in a smaller Config. So the Root-AP will be a T300 first and it will get the Master. After testing the Root-AP will be a T301S. So i have to move the Master-Role to this one. Is this possible without completly recreating the Unleased Network? If yes, how?
I think i was able to answer some of my questions by myself.
The amount of hops i need should not be a Problem. There is no Limit.
Mesh APs will not be able to be a Master or Standby. So this Roles will be distributed over my Root-APs which is fine.
Moving Master questions still open.
Additionally i have two other questions:
- Can an Unleased Network be created without DHCP Server?
- When did a Mesh-AP change his Route to the Root-AP? Only if an AP on this Route fails or also if there it detects (online) a more efficient Route (more Bandwidth, less interference)?