cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make “no qos directed-multicast” persist across reboots?

Zuul
New Contributor III

I’m running an R650 (Unleashed 200.9.10.4.233) with a number of wireless Sonos speakers on my network. I’ve applied the fix through the CLI to allow the Sonos controller to see the speakers:

enable

config

wlan MyWifiNetwork

no qos directed-multicast

end

end

Unleashed confirms the settings have been saved.

However whenever I reboot my AP, I have to reapply the fix or my speakers remain unavailable.

How can I make this change persist across reboots?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi @derek_fong 

As discussed over the support case, issue is no longer observed on 200.9.10.4.243 version.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Zuul
New Contributor III

Hi Syamantak,

"To access that KB Article please upgrade your support account"

Thanks.

john_d
Valued Contributor II

I'm seeing the same behavior with Sonos speakers and also LG TVs. On 200.9.10.4.233, if I reboot the master AP, when the network comes up, Sonos speakers don't show up in AirPlay. 100% reproducible. However, if I reboot a slave instead of a master, this doesn't happen.

If I just go into a wlan in the unleashed CLI and save any WLAN config (which disconnects and reconnects all clients), then it works again.

Looking at both the supportinfo and the unleashed CLI, the directed multicast and directed threshold settings are both correctly shown and not different in the failing or success state.

(I'm using a pair of R750s)

The article is otherwise correct that what gets Sonos wireless-connected speakers working is "no qos directed-multicast" and "directed-threshold 0" on each SSID.

john_d
Valued Contributor II

I just looked through a diff of the supportinfo.txt before and after re-deploying the network and don't see any differences, all the rpmkeys are the same and the QOS info is all the same too. I don't know what else to look for, but I've repeated this experiment 2 more times and can confirm the symptoms, it seems like the directed-threshold and directed-multicast settings don't apply properly if the master AP in unleashed reboots.

Zuul
New Contributor III

@john_dong FWIW I have worked around this issue by connecting my Sonos speakers in a wired configuration (i.e., the connection is no longer going through the R650), one speaker is wired directly to my switch. It's not ideal since (I think) I'd prefer to have my speakers connected directly to my AP but it's a workaround that gets me by.

john_d
Valued Contributor II

Yep that’s an okay workaround for a lot of Sonos speakers but the newest additions, the Roam and the Move, only work over infrastructure Wi-Fi and don’t work over SonosNet.