cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cumulate two routers

jean_claude_hym
New Contributor II
Hi, 
I have an ADSL router on one port RJ45 in AP R500, there is another rj45 port available.
I
s it possible to add an additional router on RuckusAP R500 ? if it's possible, how to do ? Many thanks

11 REPLIES 11

I still do not understand the use case because this 4G router cannot pass the network/internet to Unleashed (If you want to use its 4G backhaul vs adsl) because it will connect behind R500's port just as extended device.

This will not work as a backhaul connection because you need some device which can handle both WAN links and switch them or load-balance them for rest of the wired and wireless network.

If you could share a basic network topology diagram which can help us understand what you are trying to accomplish.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

jean_claude_hym
New Contributor II
sometimes I use the 4g router because it has more up and down speed. But it is in the punctual way (the router is put at the edge of my window)

jean_claude_hym
New Contributor II
My adsl box is connect with my nas, also DHCP server. 
I think I should deactivate dhcp on the 4g router and configure in ruckus unleashed dashboard> ip parametre> active gateway mode?

jean_claude_hym
New Contributor II
My adsl box (DHCP server) is connect with my nas,
I think I should deactivate dhcp on the 4g router and configure in ruckus unleashed dashboard> ip parametre> active gateway mode?

Are you trying to run this kind of topology? If yes, then answer is No!

It is not going to work without terminating both the WLAN links (ADSL connection and 4G) behind a router and directly connecting them on router's WAN ports as primary and secondary or similar way.

Image_ images_messages_5f91c48e135b77e247ae8c2c_b9c3263ce04957503455f16884aad57f_RackMultipart2020071338000o0yx-7843064c-a21d-4379-8256-33b8f2f81da1-388852438.png1594667205

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn