cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the r710 Unleashed be administered by ZoneDirector 1200?

ron_fast
New Contributor II
I was unaware that the r710 unleashed was a stand alone AP until after i tried to join it to a ZoneDirector 1200. Before sending it back i just wanted to confirm that i won't be able to join it to the ZD1200
8 REPLIES 8

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Hi Ron,

The part number for Unleashed AP models begins with 9U1-xxxx and for standard Solo AP code with 901-xxxx.
The Solo AP code will connect to a ZoneDirector, SmartZone or Cloud controller, or run in Standalone state.  The
Unleashed AP firmware is designed not to look for or connect to a ZD or SZ, but would join the Cloud.

You can swap firmware on your Unleashed R710 and use it on your ZD, but if you needed an RMA, you would
get another Unleashed version, that you would have to convert code on again.  We recommend that you return
the 9U1 ordering part number AP for a 901 ordering part number AP. 

If you want to, you can download Solo AP code to your laptop, directly connect to the AP (no network with DHCP
or ZD), so you can talk to 192.168.0.1 after a factory default and connecting to the default SSID.  The first screen will
have Show AP Info with Upgrade option (if I remember off the top of my head), to switch code to Solo 104.0.0.0.1347
from this .zip. 

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software/1017-zoneflex-solo-access-point-104-0-0-0-1347-ga-softwa...

And there's a KBA with the screens here:
https://support.ruckuswireless.com/answers/000005193

ron_fast
New Contributor II
Thank you. I'm going to return it Amazon and get the normal r710.

monnat_systems
Valued Contributor II
well you can still make your current R710 work with controller just by upgrading it to suitable and relevent firmware version...
that will save the time n effort of doing the same thing again after you get the normal r710...

ron_fast
New Contributor II
Okay, since I really don't have the time to replace it i'll upgrade the firmware. Thanks for your help