cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bugs in 200.16.70.325. Beware! I just downgraded.

rajdude
New Contributor

On my R550 AP, I upgraded from 200.15.6.112.54 to 200.16.7.0.325 and encountered so many issues that I downgraded. These are the issues:

• Older clients do not stay connected.

I have older clients which are 802.11b only. They no longer stay connected. They lose connection after a few hours and have to be rebooted. At the older firmware level, they were stable.

• Travel router in client mode no longer works

A TPlink travel router which I use in the client mode for a very old internet radio no longer works. DHCP passthrough stopped working. I believe this is a known issue, judging from other threads.

• TVs constantly lose connection

I have lots of Android TV devices, every few hours they lose connection for a few seconds. It is as if the AP is doing band balancing and encouraging them to connect to 5G. I turned that feature off in the R550, but the clients still lose connection. I do want those clients to use the 5G band so interference from things like my microwave oven does not happen.

I recommend stay away from 200.16.7. This has wasted hours of my time, troubleshooting, until I decided to downgrade

6 REPLIES 6

robert_berki
New Contributor II

.402 is out today, maybe it fixes those problems?

You can go first. I’ll stay on 200.14. 😅

Hmm, maybe I should downgrade further (to 200.14). Even after downgrading to 200.15.6.112.54, some devices, especially that TP-LINK travel router which I use in client mode for a very old internet radio, does not work. I swear it was working earlier.

gritech
New Contributor III

I'd avoid 200.16.7.0.402 as well.  I tried it briefly and all my clients that were present after-hours (including desktops that don't move) had very slow connections, at least looking from the Ruckus side.   Across the board in a brief run.  Ex. 866Mbps on 200.16 to 2XXMbps on 200.16.

At least this version didn't wipe all my channel configs and disable 5GHz upon upgrade.