cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Announcement: Unleashed 200.15 MR GA (200.15.6.112.52) Product Guides Published on RUCKUS Support Po

jenniferbush
RUCKUS Team Member

Hello All,

The RUCKUS Unleashed 200.15 MR GA Product Guides have been published on the RUCKUS Support Portal.

RUCKUS Unleashed 200.15.6.112.52 Release Notes

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/documents/4761

RUCKUS Unleashed R350e AP Quick Setup Guide

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/documents/4762

Note: HTML and PDF versions of the product guides are available in the document portal (https://docs.commscope.com).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi All,

We have a official release of 200.15.6.112.54 available in support site, please check.

View solution in original post

60 REPLIES 60

There is definitely a problem still. I have about 10 R750s in one location and I my test scenario is an iPhone 15 Pro Max running iOS 17.4.1 and Unleashed running 200.15.6.112.54. The iPhone is about 10 feet away from an R750 but is remaining connected to an R750 about 30 ft away and 3 concrete walls in between on 2.4Ghz and getting a 4Mbps download speed on a 1 Gig fibre line. If I turn WiFi off and back on then it connects to the closer AP and gets a 500 mbps connection. I’m rolling back. Before I do would you like any logs?

Hi @babington_amalf 

Looks like a sticky client issue which might be caused Smart Roam with roam factor setting.
Could you please open a support case so that we can assist you on this?

Or you can let me know the command from the AP:

From Master :
show wlan all
Under the SSID details listed, search for " SmartRoam" and share the complete line.
If it is disabled then it should looks like as " SmartRoam = Disabled Roam-factor = 1"

From Member:
get roam_factor wlan32

Note : Wlan32 is the SSID number, you can get it from the command "get wlanlist"

I agree with @babington_amalf . There is something still wrong with this release. I’m no longer getting the disconnection issue, however roaming is absolutely terrible, and devices that were previously had “Excellent” signal strength on 2.4g and 5g, are now “moderate” or “poor,” even though the devices are literally within feet on an AP (this is happening to nest cameras for example). Roaming is terrible for pretty much any device, especially iphones and macbook pros.

None of this was an issue on 200.14.6.1.203, so I’ve rolled back to it. I don’t understand what you all changed in the latest release, but you need to go back to the drawing board. I can’t keep beta testing these firmware updates. I need a stable network, and it’s killing productivity when we test out these new firmware upgrades. It causes too much havoc. When will all of this really be fixed???

Hi @nevets23 @babington_amalf 

Could you please open a support case on this so that we can check on the issue and gather the necessary logs? It will help us to identify the issue if we are hitting a different one and fix it.

Let me know the case number if you open a support case. So that I can take the lead.

Hi @sanjay_kumar ,

Right now, everything is extremely stable on 200.14.6.1.203, so I am hesitant to try to upgrade to 200.15.6.112.54 again and try any additional settings due to the havoc it caused last time I tried. It will kill productivity, which isn't an option. With that being said, I can try the settings you mentioned on 200.14.6.1.203, as apple devices are still sometimes sticky/don't always switch to the closest AP when you are right underneath it. I assume I just need to log into the Ruckus AP via command line to do it?