cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Administrator access via Active Directory?

dan_swartzendru
New Contributor III
Is it possible to login to the web UI authenticated using AD?  I can't seem to get it to work.  I created a role, made sure it it had super admin box checked.  In the AD config, I used the test button to give a user and password.  Unleashed correctly printed out the various groups, including Administrators, and said the user would be assigned to that group.  The role I created was called Administrators, and had 'Administrators' in the Group Attributes, so I *assumed* it would work, but instead I get a login error.  I assume I'm missing a piece of the puzzle here, but no idea what.  Any tips appreciated.
14 REPLIES 14

Hi Dan,

Whatever user name and the password is configured under Admin & Service >> Administrator >> Preference >> Administrator Name/Password, is the only user which can access CLI of the Unleashed. This is as per design.

Image_ images_messages_5f91c487135b77e247ad2c75_e248f467a52e0951a6726a3b1046c752_RackMultipart2020090769182878v-f011a639-aecb-47ee-b9c4-1504f14cd2d8-1329636692.png1599499817

Let us know if you are observing different behavior.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

Yes, I am.  'dswartz' is my personal account in AD.  See:

[root@centos-vsa1 ~]# ssh 10.0.0.18

Please login: dswartz
Password:
Welcome to Ruckus Unleashed Network Command Line Interface

Tony, precisely.  It seems weird it's telling me non-local when that clearly isn't the case.  NB: I am not complaining with an issue here, just thought you might want to know something is off.  I don't have  paid contract, so is it even possible for me to open a ticket?

Thanks Dan for the info.  I will talk to the engineering team in the next meeting.

dan_swartzendru
New Contributor III
Syamantak, you seem to be using a version of unleashed without the AAA support?