cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding access points?

nadeem_nasir
New Contributor

Good day, I currently have an Unleashed network with 4 existing R710 access points. I just bough 4 more to increase my WIFI but when I plug in any of the new 4 access points which are also R710, they aren't getting detected by the current network? I can see they power on and start blasting a Configure.Me***** wifi network but the original 4 access points just autoconfigured themselves. Any idea or suggestions as to how I can get these 4 new access points added to my current config?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sunny_gupta
Contributor II

You may need to get the additional APs on the same firmware version as your operating network in order to have them able to communicate and join together.

what firmware is your Unleashed?

and check what is on the APs you got.  either via SSH --- or you may need to just go through the initial wizard setup to get past it, then log in to the 'new' unleashed network you have created.  ensure the firmware matches and then do a factory reset.  It should then be picked up by your original Unleashed master and join...

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

sp_van_gelderen
New Contributor

Hi Nadeem,

There two ways do to this right;

1) Connect the new AP's to a switch where one of the other AP's is connected to

2) Ad the serial number of the new AP's to the network, you can find this feature within the management module, "zero touch mesh".

Thanks for the reply, I sadly don't see the "zero touch mesh" options, Could it be because I have not turned on Mesh since all my access points are cabled or do I just not know where to look for it?

Look at Paul's reply, I think he's right. Software versions don't combine to well. You 200.5 and 200.7 versions don't combine for instance. 

sunny_gupta
Contributor II

You may need to get the additional APs on the same firmware version as your operating network in order to have them able to communicate and join together.

what firmware is your Unleashed?

and check what is on the APs you got.  either via SSH --- or you may need to just go through the initial wizard setup to get past it, then log in to the 'new' unleashed network you have created.  ensure the firmware matches and then do a factory reset.  It should then be picked up by your original Unleashed master and join...