cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to configure ruckus R300 to use as AP

domenico_ragusa
New Contributor II
Hi Everyone, How do i configure Ruckus R300 to use as AP. Main router is Apple Time Capsule. I just want to use the RUckus R300 to expand my wireless signal.
6 REPLIES 6

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Hi Domenico,

You can operate your single R300 AP in Solo/Standalone mode.  Look for the AP's
MAC address in your DHCP lease table, to find the IP address to use to configure the
AP.  The default uid/pw for HTTP or SSH is 'admin' and 'sp-admin'.

Download and read the Solo AP User guide from this Support site URL:
https://support.ruckuswireless.com/documents/1137-zoneflex-indoor-ap-104-0-user-guide

The R300 AP details begin on page 42. Configuring wireless settings for an SSID on
2.4g and 5g radios, starts on page 99.  Good luck and best regards.

domenico_ragusa
New Contributor II
Hi,

Thank you for reply. I'm still not sure what I am supposed to do? Which option and setting to activate or desactivate

domenico_ragusa
New Contributor II
Any one can help.

bobby_upchurch_
New Contributor
first of all get into the settings...   https://192.168.1.217/index.asp

default username:
super
password:
sp-admin

i looked through the pdf that was linked above, long story short, and edited:

Go to Configuration > Radio 2.4G and or Radio 5G.

The Configuration >Radio 2.4g > "Common" tab appears.

Click "Wireless1" tab to configure the first 2.4g wireless signal. The selected
Configuration > Radio 2.4g > Wireless # (WLAN number) page appears. (1-8 tabs available)

(for a 5g wireless signal repeat the above process in the "radio 5g" tab starting at the "wireless9" tab.)

edit wireless network name, and ssid name to whatever you want. it may help if you add "_EXT" to the end for identifying which ones are the extended signals

for "Wireless Availability?" click the "Enabled" bubble

In the Encryption Method menu, select WPA. The basic set of WPA-specific encryption options appears on the page.

In WPA Authentication select the required WPA authentication type:

WPA+WPA2
allows both WPA and WPA2 devices to operate on the same WLAN.

in "passphrase", enter desired wireless access password

update settings

7. refresh your locally available networks, sign in with the passphrase on the network you created.

[my 5g signal took a while to show up, 2.4g signal showed up instantly, enjoy your network]