cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Radius server unreachable events

david_henderson
Contributor II
vSZ version 5.2.0.0.699 with 411 R710s APs on campus. Every few days we are getting a bunch of radius server unreachable events. What is odd is the details of the event do not even point to our radius server. All events are reported like this

AP [Int301@F8:E7:1E:2A:A4:40] is unable to reach radius server [127.0.0.1].

Of course 127.0.0.1 is not our radius server. We are using Cloudpath as our radius server. Our wifi is rock solid so there are no other symptoms other than a rash of these events every few days.

Any ideas what causes this?
63 REPLIES 63

I have opened a case about this problem.

I have opened a case about this problem as well.

Hi Vineet,
could you please briefly describe the workaroud how I can only restart the proxy-aaa service. i only know the possibility with the command service restart and that takes too long for me.
Thx Roman

ER-8797 - looks like the fix was committed to the 5.2.2.x firmware, no ETA.

The info that I got was that ER-8797 is just a visible issue without implications (no clients impacted). In our case clients are impacted, its not just a visual something so not sure if ER-8797 is going to fix it in our case or if I got the wrong information from the support agent. 

----
Info from support:

There is a known issue reported in 5.2.1 version regarding the Radius server unreachable issue. There are the false alarms generated by the APs. As per the latest update from engineering, the issue will be fixed in 5.2.2 which is expected by end of this year. This is the bug ID ER-8797 for your reference.