cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Radius server unreachable events

david_henderson
Contributor II
vSZ version 5.2.0.0.699 with 411 R710s APs on campus. Every few days we are getting a bunch of radius server unreachable events. What is odd is the details of the event do not even point to our radius server. All events are reported like this

AP [Int301@F8:E7:1E:2A:A4:40] is unable to reach radius server [127.0.0.1].

Of course 127.0.0.1 is not our radius server. We are using Cloudpath as our radius server. Our wifi is rock solid so there are no other symptoms other than a rash of these events every few days.

Any ideas what causes this?
63 REPLIES 63

david_henderson
Contributor II
I was told by Ruckus support that this is a big in the newest vSZ code and will be rectified when an MR release to the 5.2 code comes out. He was not sure of the timeframe

david_henderson
Contributor II
Still waiting for the next release of firmware for vSZ which I was told was going to fix this issue

david_henderson
Contributor II
Still waiting for the next release of firmware for vSZ that I was told would fix this issue

Finally I can confirm that AP patch version 5.2.1.0.1038 fixed "Radius unreachable" message problem for me.

I installed it 2 weeks ago, and messages "Radius server 127.0.0.1 unreachable" are not coming any more. There were previously similar messages with different IPs, and they are also not present any more.

Patch was available through support before, but for a few days it is available on support site for download. To achieve result, you need to apply new firmware to each zone (as it is actually fixed AP firmware,  if APs are on older version, patch will have no effect).

You need 5.2.1 version to use a patch. I am not sure if similar patch is available for older releases.

In the end of December 5.2.2 is expected, which will include   this patch.

May I ask which "ER nubmer" fixed this issue ?