cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R600 unleashed dropping 2.4ghz

atma_tiwana
New Contributor III
R600 unleashed dropping 2.4ghz connection.

Hi. I have unleashed running on 2 R600's that are wired into a switch. Mesh option is off.

Very 3ish days the 2.4ghz connection drops. The only reason I know this is because I have a google nest doorbell which is constantly uploading video to the cloud.

Anybody got any pointers before I sell the Ruckus system. Ive had this before with a Zyxel Multy X, but never an issue with all other systems ive tried including my ISP router.
15 REPLIES 15

david_black_594
Contributor III
The R600 is one of the best APs Ruckus has shipped. You’re problem could be any number of things including the thermostat, router, ISP, internet circuit, Nest servers, interference. Why are you using the 2.4 band anyway? 5 would be a much better choice.

Unfortunately in the U.K google do not allow the nest hello doorbell to run at 5ghz.

As far as I know all the 5ghz devices had no issues but as stated the nest hello doorbell has a 24/7 upload stream and when I tried to connect to the other 2.4ghz devices which are wyze cams they had disconnected and 3 of the 4 had reconnected and one did not connect.

This leads me to believe the issue is not the devices but something to do with the 2.4ghz frequency dropping out.

When I realised the provlem I was able to log in remotely using the unleashed mobile app so I know the network was up and running.

Strange things going on

Hi Atma,

You may need to log a case to check this issue, as it is specific to doorbell over 2.4GHz radio.

For some quick check ups, refer below points:
  • Check if other devices are also dropping on 2.4GHz radio.
  • How far doorbell is connected from the nearest AP?
  • Check on Unleashed event logs, if device is dropping or it is just loosing internet connection. May be flag the doorbell as favorite client in the Unleashed GUI.
  • Pull the AP support logs and see what it shows when client disconnect (AP log will indicate the disconnection reason, but you have to be quick to pull the logs as soon as you see the disconnection, because logs may get overwrite by new logs).
  • If disconnection is too frequent, run the troubleshoot utility in Unleashed GUI for this client and it will show you why client is getting disconnection.
  • It is good idea to check if there is high interference on 2.4 radio. Also check if there is a USB 3.0 device or any other electronic device is located which can impact 2.4G radio.
Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

Just checked and nest had an issue the same day as my issue so that would possibly explain the issue. But still concerned that my wyze cams went offline (possibly)