cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing vRIoT server on Windows Hyper-V

marvin_medina
New Contributor III
Hey Everyone,

I am quite new to the vRIoT side of things and was wondering if anyone has managed to install vRIoT server (v1.3 or above) on Windows Hyper-V? 

The support portal only have the VMware files (.ova) for a new installation (from v1.0 to v1.5) which I have already tried converting every version them to .vhd files and loading on Hyper-V. The VM loads up on Hyper-V (Have to create the VM using Gen1) but unfortunately to a blank screen and you cannot proceed any further.

I have also reached out to support who just redirected the case to say,
"As per the description, I understand you need assistance installing vRIoT server using Windows Hyper-V. However, as this is a new installation, please reach out to your SE/Regional Sales Team/Account Manager for assistance on the same."

So I did contact my account manager but to no availability #sadface

I am currently stuck and was wondering if anyone has any ideas to get this working with Windows Hyper-V.

3 REPLIES 3

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi Marvin,

Please refer below forum thread.

https://forums.ruckuswireless.com/ruckuswireless/topics/iot-capable-aps-vriot-node-red-and-philips-h...

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

Hi Syamantak,

Thanks for the reply but I have gone through this thread already and the installation guides are for VMware compatibility.

The conversion from .VMDK to .VHD was successful however when I try to load the VM on Windows Hyper-V (using the converted .VHD), I simply get a blank black screen and you cannot proceed any further.

I need a solution for Windows Hyper-V which would be using .VHD files rather than .OVA/.VMDK files (that are for VMware).

What I am trying to get to is if there is any official .VHD file to use on a Windows Hyper-V environment?

Hi Marvin,

Sorry for the late reply.

Windows Hyper-V is not supported. Only below platforms are supported.

Image_ images_messages_5f91c47f135b77e247abdd18_10dbbb7c340b1cb7269f7483f6f0c971_RackMultipart2020022789138awhi-4db9cf03-57fe-4813-9412-ed3e62d377f5-1629083441.png1582814116

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn