cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vSZ syslogs missing client IP address

nickzourdos
Contributor
We are running into an issue on our vSZ (v5.1.0.0.496) with the clientAuthorization and clientJoin syslogs. Neither of these syslogs contain the clientIP field, which is a problem for customers with security appliances that depend on these syslogs to tie usernames to wireless clients. Strangely, the clientDisconnect syslog does include the clientIP field. 

Is there a way to enable this feature? ZoneDirector syslogs include a field for "sta_ip", which is what we've been using in the past (see THIS thread for context on ZD syslogs in this scenario). The vSZ syslogs are in a completely different format, which is fine, but they are missing this critical information. Here is my vSZ configuration for reference:

Image_ images_messages_5f91c401135b77e247914f4e_f2c093193ba3fb105226208ee548156e_RackMultipart20190401677842k3u-70e1ba96-c840-43d2-ab40-3031e444beb1-709758273.png1554130312
16 REPLIES 16

Yeah, but the impact to one camera isn't the same as a controller which may be hosting 10's of thousands of APs. Mess with a single Axis, and you lose perhaps a single camera as Axis give all customers access to nearly all CONF files on the unit.
In our org, we use both Axis cameras (several hundred units) and Ruckus (several thousand units.), and  I've got my issues with Axis. P1428's and their penchant for rebooting constantly, image ghosting looks which give my surveillance videos a somewhat RETRO FUTURE type vibe.  I've got a few Q3708's and Axis has NEVER been able to fix my issue with camera 1 going black and white suddenly.
As for logs, does change the log you need to Debug help? it's helped us.
Sorry for the rant, I'm up late dealing with an AXIS camera issue as we speak!

jeff_baublitz_7
New Contributor II
We too need this badly.. Hope Ruckus has an update soon...

This feature is now available as an AP patch, and it should be included in the next major release of SmartZone. You may want to ask support if they can get you the patch, you can reference my case# 00914107. 

Thank you, asking right now. I'll update when I hear back. 

Support confirms this will be addressed in 5.1.2.X. I'll be updating in a month when this is available. Thanks again!