cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vSZ-H "Authentication server not reachable" alarm with unusual IP

steve_bluck
New Contributor II
Since upgrading to 5.1.2.0.302 we have been getting several oddities, one of which is two alarms:
Authentication Server [172.23.0.110] not reachable from Radius Proxy [172.23.0.185] on Virtual SmartZone [128.149.95.207]
Authentication Server [172.23.0.116] not reachable from Radius Proxy [172.23.0.185] on Virtual SmartZone [128.101.127.45]
The two 172.23.0.0/23 IP's are correct but, in order to troubleshoot, I'm wondering where the Virtual SmartZone IP is coming from. The vSZ-H is exposed to the Internet due to having some remote AP's.
7 REPLIES 7

intern_beheer
New Contributor II

We are getting the exact same alarms, with the same 'strange' WAN-ip addresses after 'Virtual smartzone [strangeIP]'.

The authentication servers are in the same network as both Virtual smartzone VM's. Also, we see in our monitoring no outage or other problem with the network or the connection between the smartzones and authentication servers.

So I would say the alarms are a bug, can anyone confirm this?

FWIW, I get these messages all the time on a vSZ-Essentials with only a single a single interface per cluster node.  I came here hoping to find a solution too!

alexandre_jablo
New Contributor II

I'm getting the same issue as well. Strangly it was google that directed me to this post. In my case the strange IP is 32.111.98.106 and this IP is what google directed me to this post.

I'm ripping my hair out trying to understand this error. I thought maybe its some sort of UDP reflection attack. my vSZ is on GCE and we have port 3799 filtered to only our NAS servers.